New Netflix Shows

Ashley+Bertillo+watched+Netflix+on+her+phone.+

Audrey Whalen

Ashley Bertillo watched Netflix on her phone.

Audrey Whalen, Reporter

Netflix is frequently releasing new shows all the time. The Netflix Original “Stranger Things” returns October 27. The show has reached out to many people’s hearts, with the heartwarming friendships and the details of the mother son relationship.

“The character’s really grabbed your attention with how much they cared,” freshman Adam Deruntz said.

The show has won 26 awards and been nominated for 76. Including the Golden Globes, Emmys and Screen Actors Guild.

“This show has so much emotion and science fiction, ” freshman Grant Habedank said.

“Netflix always puts out shows that make people mad” junior Devon Wallerstein said.

Another Netflix original is making a comeback House of Cards, ended last season with a very controversial twist and many people did not know if the show would come back. The show usually comes back within twelve to fourteen months. If this continues the show should return in 2018. With all of the controversy, some people quit the show altogether.

“The ending was terrible, and I do not plan on watching the show if the producers do not handle the start of the new season correctly,” senior Cassidee Wakefield said.

Another big controversial show Netflix released is “Disjointed”. The show takes place in a marijuana dispensary. Starring Kathy Bates as the “owner” of the shop, some of her fans do not enjoy that she is condoning this type of lifestyle.

“The owner of the shop does not seem like the type you would actually see at a dispensary so it does not have that feel of being real”  senior Chad Brown said.

Netflix is constantly updating their listings of shows to watch, available for all ages with every kind of interest.