Minecraft: 7 years Later

A Review

Nolen Cooper, Reporter

Minecraft was one of the most popular games of 2012, and it showed when it was the number one game played and viewed on Youtube.com. Somehow, Minecraft managed to stay in the spotlight, and seven years later Minecraft still holds up to the past years.

Minecraft managed to stay relevant, because the developers kept pushing new updates for years after the release of the game. With each of these updates they made the game better and better. However, one of the most controversial updates was the 1.9 version of Minecraft, released on February 29, 2016, there was a new combat system introduced. This combat largely improved the game, despite what many veteran players say, as it made combat have somewhat more skill involved, instead of the previous way of clicking as fast as possible.

Minecraft has recently been getting more attention because of nostalgia. Memes surfaced about how when players were younger they would stay up after their parents went to bed to play minecraft so, many old players came back to play once again and it sparked more attention on Youtube when videos were made about how the game was still amazing to this day.

Minecraft is such a simple game: mine something, make it into something better, repeat. But this gameplay, while simple, is amazing because of the endless possibilities and upgrades players can have. The wide variety of gameplay is what makes the game amazing to this day.

About the Writer
Nolen Cooper, Reporter

My name is Nolen Cooper, I am a sophomore at Timberland High School, I took Online News because I want to be a reporter when I'm older. I prefer to write...