Share the Warmth

Kayla Davito, Reporter

WISE club is all about promoting kindness and confidence at Timberland- specifically among females. However, this month they are promoting it throughout the entire community with the coat drive they are hosting, taking place November 11-22.

[It is important] because it is not a lot of work for us to gather, but it makes a big impact on someone’s life. We think of a mother who has to keep her babies or kids warm, but she doesn’t have $100 to buy three new coats at Walmart,” Special Education department teacher Kelsey Schaberg said.

Those interested in donating can drop off coats in one of the four gray buckets labeled ‘coat drive’ throughout the school. There is one by the main office, the top of the main staircase, and one at the end of each hallway for easy drop off. 

“[It is important to donate] because it is really cold outside, and some kids do not have jackets to stay warm. Receiving the coats can impact their lives by keeping the kids safe and protected throughout winter,” sophomore Mackenzie Irvin said. 

This marks the second year WISE club has been holding the coat drive, also known as “Share the Warmth”, and the club seems to have no plans of stopping in the future. 

“I think THS should do more things like this in the future because it allows our community to grow. It’s also very important to give make to our community,” junior Ella Graber said.

WISE club’s mission of promoting kindness and confidence does not end on November 22 with the coat drive. The club continues to meet on the third Wednesday of every month at 7 a.m. in room 210 and would be glad to gain new members. Anyone interested in joining Women In Support of Each is welcome.