Hip Hop Club feature

Kaitlin Terry, reporter

Freestyle is a style of improvisation with or without instrumental beats, in which lyrics are recited with no particular subject or structure. Freestyle club is a brand new club here at Timberland started by two Sophomore students. 

“I started the club, because I kind of had more recently taken a liking to hip hop just in general. I like the genre, and I’ve been interested in trying to make music myself. I became interested with the idea of being able to freestyle and come up with lyrics on the fly. We are very relaxed with things we don’t take ourselves too seriously. It’s just all about getting together at the end of the week and having a fun time,” sophomore Sebastian Delgado said.

The club is for students who enjoy freestyling, hip hop or just listening to music. Each week they listen to a different genre of music. Hip hop, also called rap, is a genre of popular music developed in the bronx borough of New York City in the 1970s.

“The best part about freestyle club is just getting your ideas out there. There’s music going and you’re just freestyling with the people in there and you’re just saying whatever comes to mind and you’re really having fun, it’s a nice environment, and it’s a great place to be, “sophomore Kamden Hill said.

Members of the club meet after school every Friday from 2:20 to 3:20 in Spanish teacher Peter Hult’s room. If you have any more questions about freestyle club be sure to contact Delgado, Hill or Hult.