COVID-19 Updates

Sam Kirby, Reporter

The Wentzville School District has had over 2,500 COVID-19 cases since August 24, 2021.

“The Covid quarantine requirements have changed quite a bit since the pandemic started,” assistant principal Liz Reckker said. 

There have been over 200 positive COVID-19 cases at THS this semester. 

“We decided as a district, and I believe the county, that we are not quarantining close contacts,” Reckker said. 

THS has had the second-highest number of COVID-19 cases within the district.

‘It’s been interesting over the last couple of years going from virtual, to hybrid, and then back in person again. This year seems a little more stable but it is just a matter of rolling with it,” social studies teacher Megan Sellers said. 

The Wentzville School District has stated that only people who test positive for COVID-19 will have to quarantine. They are no longer quarantining close contacts. 

“Changes can initially be frustrating and confusing, but I try to keep in mind that science and medicine are constantly evolving, and what we thought we knew yesterday may be different than what we know today,” nurse Donna Davis said. 

On the WSD website, it states that after five days of isolation people may only return to school if they are asymptomatic. 

Since January 3, the CDC guidelines state that once someone tests positive for COVID-19, they should quarantine for five days. Day Zero is when their symptoms start, and Day One is the next full day.

For further information about isolation requirements or any COVID-19  related questions visit the CDC website. For more information on St Charles County quarantine guidelines, head to SCCMO.org.  For more information on Missouri Governor Mike Parson’s plans for conquering COVID-19 visit Governor.mo.gov