Mario Kart Mobile coming in 2019.

Josh Calloni, Reporter

After 14 million Nintendo Switch sales, the company is moving the popular game Mario Kart to mobile phones in March of 2019.

This is not the first time Nintendo has released a mobile game, releasing “Super Mario Run” and “Militomo” back in 2016. However, Militomo was closed down due to lack of popularity. The Mario Kart that is released on mobile will be much like the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe that is released on console. The game is expected to be about $5.99 on the Apple Store and the Google Play Store, but nothing official has been released.

“I am going to download Mario Kart Mobile when it comes out. I think it will be very fun to play a game that I enjoyed as a kid on my phone, where it’s more handy. I am definitely looking forward to it’s release,” senior Anthonie West said.

Not much initial content details of the game have been released since the game won’t be out for over a year. It’s possible that the normal Mario game series characters, including Mario, Luigi, Toad, and many more, will be in the game. This, on top of many of the favorite tracks from former games that have been previously released.

On top of this, a Nintendo official said a Legend Of Zelda game for mobile phones could be in the works as well, but nothing official has been released on this either.

“I really like playing Mario, and because of that I think this might be the best game they ever have on mobile, I can’t wait,” sophomore Garrison Hoff said.

The game releasing in March of 2019 will have more released on a later date.