Spring Sports

Madison Kosydor, Reporter

Spring is now approaching and, with a new season in the community, is also a new season of sports. Timberland’s spring sport teams include track, girls soccer, guys golf, guys tennis and also baseball.

Students said they are hopeful for the upcoming sports season, and practices have been in full swing.

“We usually practice at Lake Forest golf course after school every day until about 5 pm,” senior Grant Wolfe said about practicing for the varsity golf team.

Many students involved in a sport have been infatuated with that area of expertise for many years.

“I have been playing soccer ever since I was five; it’s how it lead me to be on Varsity,” senior Morgan Weaver said about her experience as a varsity soccer player.

Although the season just started, many are hopeful for their teams success in the 2018 season.

“I have high expectations for the team this season. I think we’re gonna do really good this year and compete well against everyone else,” Wolfe said.

Athletes said other students should be very excited for this years sports that are offered, as it motivates the players to push themselves more.

“My favorite thing about baseball is when my family and friends come out and support; it makes me want to win,” senior Cole Cosman said.

The support is not the only thing that motivates these hard working athletes, but the relationships and bonds that happen between new teammates and friends.

“My favorite thing is making memories with my friends and coaches,” Wolfe said.

Timberland students hope to lead all these teams to victory with their hard work, determination and teamwork.

“I expect to bring the soccer team to state this year,” Weaver said.