Youtube’s Most Disliked Video

Youtube+Rewind+2018+is+currently+the+most+disliked+video+on+the+platform.+

Youtube Rewind 2018 is currently the most disliked video on the platform.

Ryan Fredrick, Reporter

The YouTube community and the internet as a whole have delivered a deafeningly negative response to 2018’s YouTube Rewind. Youtube’s own video “Youtube Rewind 2018: Everyone Controls Rewind” is now the most disliked video on Youtube.

“I think most people were just disappointed that it did not feature any relevant Youtubers or big events that happened throughout the year,” junior Shelby Crim said.

YouTube Rewind is the Google subsidiary’s yearly self-celebration of “the year in YouTube,” a tradition that started in 2010 as a retrospective on the site’s biggest videos published that year.

“Youtube Rewind is supposed to bring everybody together and show what people have accomplished. This year’s Youtube Rewind focused on being too PC and pandering to kids,” senior Mario Gonzales said.

YouTube Spotlight uploaded the site’s ninth annual YouTube Rewind, titled “YouTube Rewind 2018: Everyone Controls Rewind” on December 6, and within a week’s time the video had already received a record 10 million dislikes.

“Within ten minutes instead of seeing famous youtubers like Pewdiepie, they have famous hollywood faces like Will Smith. It decreases the sense of community,” sophomore Dominik Fritz said.

While Youtube was trying to make a video that was inclusive, but ended up alienating the creators and audience from the corporation.