Victoria Beckham Helps Sponsor Charity Fashion Show

Audrey Whalen, Reporter

Designer Victoria Beckham will be working with Suzanne Rogers, a Canadian philanthropist, to raise money for charities by way of a fashion show. Money raised during the show will be donated to Camp Ooch, an oncology center for families affected by childhood cancer, and The Penelope Neuroblastoma Foundation, which sponsors brain tumor research and supports families affected by cancer.

“I think it is wonderful she is using all her money to benefit those who really need it. Treating cancer is really expensive and can be very stressful, knowing there is someone out there who cares and actually has the power to make a difference is so heartwarming,” junior Hailey Compton said.

“Suzanne’s charitable endeavours in bettering the lives of children around the world is inspiring, and I am delighted to be involved in the next in her series of fundraisers,” Beckham said, according to fashionpost.com.

This is not the first charity event the designer will be spearheading. She is known for her works with the Elton John AIDS Foundation and The United Nations; she also holds the title of UNAIDS international goodwill ambassador.

“The fact that this giant popstar [Beckham] is involved in so much charity work shows that people really are good deep down inside,” sophomore Savanna Westoff.

There is no specific date set for the charity fashion show, but it is expected to be in November in Toronto.