Prom Recap

Prom King and Queen, Matt Gaeng (12) and Caroline Lemen (12). Photo credits to Caroline Lemen.

Bella Rainey, Web Designer & Reporter

April 14 was Timberland’s prom, themed “A Night With Gatsby”. Prom was held at the Old Hickory Golf Club with catering and a DJ.

“I enjoyed some of the music, but I think it would be better for everyone if the songs could relate to everyone’s taste and not just one genre,” senior Emily Kurtz said.

While the dance is the focus, the process of getting ready for the dance tends to be what attendees look forward to.

“My favorite part about prom is getting ready and dressing to impress everyone. Taking pictures is a big part as well! The preparatory things are the things that get me excited to go. It gets you super excited and there’s something about getting all dressed up, hair, makeup, and nails and all that makes everyone super stoked about the dance!,” Kurtz said.

This year, prom was not located in the same venue as last year’s dance, getting mixed reviews from students.

My least favorite part about prom was how hot it was! Man everyone was sweating on the dance floor but it was still so fun,” senior Caroline Lemen said.

For seniors, this is the last high school dance they get to attend, making it a bittersweet experience for many.

“I’m sad about never experiencing this again, but at the same time, I’m glad I’m ending high school with such a great experience,” Kurtz said.

To see more about prom preparation and photos from the dance, visit @thsprom on Instagram.