Waka Flocka Performed at Lindenwood

Nolen Cooper, Reporter

Waka Flocka Flame performed at Lindenwood February the second, and has also performed at other universities in the recent months.

“I don’t know anyone who would go to his concerts, because they like his music, he just isn’t very good anymore,” junior Ian Couch said.

Juaquin James Malphurs, better known as Waka Flocka Flame, is an American rapper. Who became popular with his singles “O Let’s Do It,” “Hard in da Paint” and “No Hands.”

“The tickets were cheap so I would have definitely gone to his concert,” sophomore Allison Vaughn said.

Waka Flocka will be performing at many other universities, including Cedar Falls courtesy of the University of Northern Iowa Campus Activities Board, but later the public admissions tickets were pulled and will not be honoured at the concert. All public admissions tickets will be refunded however.

“Waka Flocka hasn’t been relevant in our generation, so I wouldn’t buy tickets to see him perform,”  Couch said.

Recently Waka Flocka Flame has been involved in a Gucci boycott. Gucci placed an item onto the sale list, that was offensive to many African American celebrities. The item is described as “balaclava jumper” which covers the lower half of the face featuring a red cut-out around the mouth. The item quickly received backlash because the design was deemed offensive.