New Movies For 2018

Audrey Whalen, Reporter

New movies are being released; all genres are having new movies come out, a few of those genres include horror, family movies and comedy. Some being released  are “The Nun,” “Halloween” and “Insidious Chapter 4.”  “Goosebumps,” “Hotel Transylvania 3” and “The Grinch.”

“This years movies are going to be the best. There is a good variety of genres,” junior Ceirra Antonacci said.

The movie “The Nun” is a spinoff of the “Conjuring 2,” where Ed and Lorraine Warren have to fight an evil nun for the soul of a little girl. The nun was such an important character, director James Wan decided to make a spinoff telling the story of the crazed Nun. The movie is set to come out in July.

“I really enjoyed the Conjuring movies and the nun was a scary character. I just hope this movies is not ruined like most sequels are,” senior Cassidee Wakefield said.  

“Halloween” is considered to be a classic and there have been remakes of other classic horror movies and October  is the time for Michael Myers to make his comeback.

“I usually do not  like when they remake the classics, but I am very excited to see how this remake turns out,” freshman Joey Townson said.

Insidious Chapter 4 will tie previous three movies together, taking the audience through the life of  parapsychologist Elise Rainie. This movie is said to be the last in the Insidious movies but is the first. The films do not go in order, if they were to go in order it would go “Insidious 4,” “Insidious 3,” “Insidious 1” and “Insidious 2”

“The new scary movies coming out are going to be awesome. I can not wait to see how the director ties things together in the Insidious movies. The Nun was terrifying in ‘The Conjuring’ so I am very excited to see how scary that one is,” senior Annie Brunner said.  

The first  movie ,“Hotel Transylvania,”  is a movie about Count Dracula owning a hotel for monsters to hide out in. The second movie is about Dracula’s daughter Mavis having her kid and Drac becoming a grandpa.

“’Hotel Transylvania’ is the bomb. I can not wait to see the newest one. It will be full of great surprises,” junior Ashlyn Helton said.

The third movie involves the whole clan taking a summer vacation. The next movie coming out is another remake of “The Grinch.” This movie will follow the story by Dr. Seuss, but instead of Jim Carrey the voice of the Grinch will be played by Benedict Cumberbatch.

“I do not know how anyone can top Jim Carrey as the Grinch but I loved Benedict Cumberbatch in ‘Sherlock Holmes’ so his performance as an animated character will be interesting to watch,” sophomore Carter Graves said.  

The last movie  is “Goosebumps Horrorland”, this movie is sequel to the 2015 movie with Jack Black. This movie follows the books by R.L. Stine and will take audiences through the mysterious amusement park with strange characters running the park.