Timberland Loves “The Greatest Showman”

The Greatest Showman Poster

Credits to journeyguy.com

The Greatest Showman Poster Credits to journeyguy.com

Bella Rainey, Web Designer & Reporter

“The Greatest Showman” is a box office hit movie musical that tells the story of P.T Barnum and his journey to success in show business. The film also stresses the importance of acceptance and celebrating each other’s differences through music.

“Overall, it was a great family friendly movie with great music and cinematography. I have seen it more than once and I highly recommend seeing it if you have not. I would give this movie a 10/10. Amazing video quality and flows very nicely,” senior Riley Mongoven said.

The songwriters of “The Greatest Showman,” Benj Pasek and Justin Paul, have been a large part of the spotlight for the movie, according to Variety Magazine. The two also song wrote for the film “La La Land” and Broadway musical “Dear Evan Hansen”, but had been working on “The Greatest Showman” since 2015.

“I thought the soundtrack was just as phenomenal as the film itself. I actually downloaded multiple songs as soon as I left the theater after seeing it,” senior Tristen Simpson said.

The cast for “The Greatest Showman” was highly anticipated, and included actors Hugh Jackman and Zac Efron, as well as actress Zendaya. Other cast members who have gained attention since the film was released include Keala Settle and Rebecca Ferguson.

“I loved all the actors and actresses who were picked for the roles. They had absolutely amazing voices, every single one of them. Plus, the songs made sense and were not there to just be there, they moved the story along and kept you interested the whole time. I love them all. I feel like Zac Efron was maybe a little out of place, but don’t get me wrong, I loved his performance and his voice is amazing as well,” sophomore Emma Whitehead said.

“The Greatest Showman” was directed by Michael Gracey, an Australian director and visual effects artist. Gracey has been praised for his ability to make the story of P.T Barnum come to life, according to news.com.au.

“I enjoyed the visuals and the music. I feel like the mixture of the visuals and music really give you a feeling of wonder,” sophomore Kaylee Isgrigg said.

“The Greatest Showman” has made over 300 million dollars in the box office and is still playing in theaters. To find out if the film is playing in a theater near you, visit www.fandango.com/the-greatest-showman.

About the Writer
Bella Rainey, Web Designer/Developer & Reporter

Hi there, my name is Bella Rainey, and I am a senior here at Timberland!

My role on the Online News staff is to care for the website you are currently...