New Scary Movies

Audrey Whalen, Reporter

2018 is gearing up for some of the best scary movies. Some of these movies include “The Nun,” “Hellfest” and Halloween. Currently out right now is “The Nun,” a prequel to the “Conjuring”.

“I am always on top of the new scary movies coming out. I love to be scared and these movies look like they will do it,” Senior Kaylee Mayes said.

“The Nun” is a spin off from the “Conjuring 2,”  in this movie an upcoming nun who has not taken her vows yet goes to Romania with a priest. The priest and the nun go to a convent in the countryside to handle a malevolent force.

“The Nun was the scariest part of The Conjuring. She gave me nightmares and tormented my thoughts. I am so excited to see it, and I have been waiting for it to come out,” Mayes said.

“Hellfest” is coming out in September 28. This movie is about a masked serial killer who turns an amusement park into his playground. A group of friends go to a Halloween themed park expecting scares of a lifetime, but something is off when an actor gets way too into it.

“I am looking forward to ‘Hellfest,’ because I like scary movies that involve amusement parks. It makes me think of Fright Fest at Six Flags, and you never know when that stuff can happen in real life”, senior Savannah Gaast said.

“Halloween” is considered a classic, according to time.com. This year the classic movie is coming back to the big screen. Most people think that redoing a movie never works out. But this time it is not reboot. It is adding on to the first movie from 1978. Laurie Strode comes back to her hometown after 34 years. In this movie, Laurie comes face to face for the last with Michael Myers. Myers has been haunting her for over four decades. After he escapes the killing begins.

“I am so excited about this movie; it is the only classic without an ending. ‘Texas ChainSaw [Massacre],’ ‘Nightmare on Elm Street’ and ‘Friday the 13th’ have all had their reboots.  I am ready to see Laurie tackle Michael once again,” sophomore Nick Stephens said.