Kingdom Hearts III: What We Know

Nolen Cooper, Reporter

Kingdom Hearts is a roleplaying video game that was released March 28, 2002 for the PS2. Now, nearly 13 years after the release of the sequel “Kingdom Hearts II” the third main storyline game is being released on January 29. The game will hold nearly 90 years of Disney history, with 32 disney movies represented throughout the game, and some Pixar movies sprinkled in as well.

“The game looks amazing, after playing the first and second game I have to play the third,” junior Jackson Fenner said.

In “Kingdom Hearts” players play as a character named Sora who wields the Keyblade and travels to many worlds based off Disney and Pixar movies, to fight the the villains called “The Heartless.” The player is usually accompanied by Goofy and Donald Duck, because they are King Mickeys right hand men. When playing the player will travel to many worlds and help Disney heroes such as Aladdin, Hercules, Mulan and Simba.

“The game be Disney themed but it can be very emotional, especially once you understand the whole story,” Fenner said.

In this installment of Kingdom Hearts, there are going to be a confirmed 6 worlds for players to explore,and conquer. These worlds include The 100 acre Woods with characters from “Winnie the Pooh”, San Fransokyo from “Big Hero 6”, The world from “Frozen”, and Pirates of the Caribbean which will be making a return to the series.

“Disney is such a good franchise, and they have a very special series of games with Kingdom Hearts, I love that they always find a way to teach young children important life lessons,” junior Melissa Rogge said.

Some characters that are feature in the franchise are Donald Duck, Goofy, and Mickey Mouse who all play crucial roles through the story. Player can even find character stuck as Steamboat Willie, Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, Pinocchio, Dumbo, Bambi, and Cinderella.

“I love the games and what they [Disney] teach young children, and hopefully this game is just as good as the others,” sophomore Daniel Long said.

After seventeen years of games and cinematic movies for the franchise, there are lots of subplots and timelines to follow but players that are new to the games will still have an easy time understanding the story, but it is recommended to play the previous games.